Monday 19 August 2013

Email To TMO Duty Surveyor

for advice and information on what I need do next

From: donoddy@hotmail.com

Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:37 PM

To: Stuart Thompson

Cc: Ewa Sobczak Sobczak ; Tim Coleridge ; leader@rbkc.gov.uk

Subject: Re: Update - 12 Curran House

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your email and the updates, which put me in a place of hopeful anticipation of good things to come. I am concerned however, the return of rodents and the return of plumbing issues have manifested in recent weeks. Following a blockage in the pipework a couple of weeks ago, I had to pull out the refrigerator and washing machine to clear up and was confronted by two mice running into the back of the cupboard's due to flooding caused by a blocked pipe. I reported the matter to the TMO and a few days later two plumbers spent several hours unblocking the waste pipe which runs from the kitchen sink and round the back to the main stack.

This morning, a call from the TMO asking me to wait in for a plumber because my neighbour number six below me reported flooding in her flat. I am waiting currently and writing to you at the same time about what is going on. I went down to see my neighbour earlier and her flat has suffered significant water damage which she informs me has been reported over the last few months. I had a look at the conditions in flat number six, the bathroom, the kitchen and toilet is dangerous at the very least for a disabled or able bodied person. There is damp, water dripping off the ceilings and significant mould in the kitchen. I have also been outside and looked at the brickwork between my flat and my downstairs neighbour, andthe wall is very obviously damp, not from rain, the brickwork looks like it is saturated with water. I can also see damp above me on the same wall.

I really don't know what to say next, and I don't know what needs to be done. I will document and photograph my downstairs neighbour's bathroom, toilet and kitchen and forward the photographs on if you would like me to. I am sure given our conversation and the positive responses that this must be an issue of some importance to you considering that these repairs over the last few months have been substandard, or one repair has led on to further damage and destructive interventions by people tasked with putting matters right.

I could do with some guidance with regard to next steps as a matter of urgency. The conditions in the flat below me, currently occupied by a disabled person, no one ought to be left living in those conditions, that is my opinion. Can you please advise what to do next,

Yours sincerely,

Donald Oddy

From: Stuart Thompson

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:49 AM

To: mailto:donoddy@outlook.com

Subject: Update - 12 Curran House

Dear Mr Oddy

May I thank you for your time on the 8th July 2013; I hope you were left in a positive frame of mind in regards to the work which is on going to set up the internal repairs service for the TMO. I found it useful to discuss the larger picture and review parts of the project which I am involved with. Whilst we expect some disruption in September 2013; I strongly believe there will be a long term improvement in one of our most important services that we deliver to our residents.

A couple of actions that we agreed have been referred, in that the Area Surveyor will visit the flat below you to ensure that no water penetration is being experienced, which I do not believe to be the case, and I have also forwarded your details to the team who are involved with the Repairs Direct Engagement Panel, so you should expect some contact in the future in regards to your offer to contribute to the current project.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make your complaint, now that this case has been concluded I would hope that some lost confidence has started to return. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future should you have any repair related queries.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Thompson

TMO Repairs Manager